Professor at Universite Cote d'Azur
Research Lab: I3S Laboratory, INRIA - Maasai Project
Research interests: kernel-based SVM, Boosting, Ensemble Learning, Random Forest, Artificial Neural Networks, Deep Learning, (Inter-)Active learning, Long-term learning, Large Scale learning, Machine Learning Hybridization, Pattern Recognition
Research contexts: Multimedia Indexing/Classification, Content-Based Multimedia Retrieval, Text mining, Applications to Bio-Medical data, Application to environmental data, Application to sensor netowrks
Current PhD students:
- Laura Melissa Sanabria Rosas, 2017-2021, Detection and caracterisation of salient moments for automatic summaries. Regional Grant with Wildmoka, with Thomas Menguy
- Miguel Fabian Romero Rondon,2017-2021, Streaming virtual reality: learning for attentional models and network optimization. MENRT Grant, co-directed with Lucile Sassatelli (UCA)
- Tianshu Yang, 2018-2021, Machine learning for the revenue accounting workflow management. CIFRE grant with Amadeus, co-directed with Nicolas Pasquier (UCA)
- Laurent Vanni, 2019-2022, Understanding Deep Learning for political discourse analysis, co-directed with Damon Mayaffre (UCA)
- Yassine ELAMRAOUI, 2020-2023, Maximizing expert feedback in the detection of anomalies in time series. CIFRE Grant with Ezako, co-directed with Mireille Blay-Fornarino (UCA)
- Baptiste Pouthier, 2020-2023, Multimodal Speech Recognition. CIFRE with NXP, with Laurent Pilati
- Louis Ohl, 2021-2024, Cardiology analysis through Machine Learning. FFCR Grant, co-directed with Pierre-Alexandre Mattei (UCA), Arnaud Droit (U. Laval), Mickael Leclerc (U. Laval)
- Antoine Collin, 2021-2024, Automatic cell type annotation for cell atlas construction. 3IA Institute PhD Grant, co-directed with Pascal Barbry (IPMC, UCA), Christophe Becavin (IPMC, UCA)
- Scientific and Program Officer for Artificial Intelligence at French National Research Agency (ANR)
- Member of Scientific Council of the Theoretical and Computational Modelisation in Neuro and Cognitive Sciences (http://univ-cotedazur.fr/en/idex/projet-structurant/cauca)
- Member of Scientific Council of Observatoire sur les impacts technologiques, economiques et societaux de l'IA
PhD students at Universite Cote d'Azur:
- John Anderson Garcia Henao, 2017-2021, Towards a Green Artificial Intelligence applied to health care and well-being. Labex Grant in collaboration with Hospital University Center
- Melanie Ducoffe, Active Learning for Deep Networks, 2015-2018, ENS Grant
- Katy Blanc, Analysis, Description and Recognition of Video content, 2014-2017, MENRT
- Edson Alejandro Florez Suarez, Data Science at the service of pharmacovigilance (population approach) and personalized drug monitoring (data profiling), 2017-2020, Regional Grant with France Labs and in collaboration with Hospital University Center
- Romaric Pighetti, Content-Based Information Retrieval combining evolutionary algorithms and SVM, 2012-2016, MESR
- Stephanie Lopez, Interactive Content-based Retrieval based from Eye-tracking, 2013-2016, ANR Project VISIIR
- Ameni Bouaziz, Short message mining (tweet trends and events), 2013-2016, Regional Grant with Semantic Grouping Company
- Atheer Al-Nadji, Recommender system for Data Mining applied to sensor networks, 2013-2016, Irak gouvernment research grant
- Geoffrey Portelli, Bio-Deep: A biology perspective for Deep Learning optimization and understanding, 2016-2018.
- Souad Chaabani, Interactive Image Search Engine by Visual Control, 2017-2018.
- Sujoy Chatterjee, Multiple Consensus Clustering for Multidimensional and Imbalanced Data, in collaboration with Amadeus, 2018-2020.
- Taki-Eddine Mekhalfa, 2020-2021,Learning to explain and explain to learn (L2EE2L). 3IA Institute Research Engineer, collaboration with Marco Gori (University Siena & UCA)
- Lirone Samoun, 3D Object interactive search engine, Digiart Project, 2016-2018.
- Thomas Fisichella, Structure extraction from 3D point clouds, Digiart Project, 2016-2018.
- Ayattalah Aly Halim, Human Action Recognition from 3D, 2014-2017, UFE research grant
- Lucas Malleus, Algoritms for data search and retrieval based on 2D and 3D content, 2014-2017, contract with Autodesk
- Member of EDSTIC Doctoral School Council
- Member of Pedagogical Committee for Computer Science Department of Polytech Engineering School
Projects: ANR VISIIR, H2020 DigiArt, ANR Deep in France, ICT-48 AI4Media.
Associate Professor at ENSEA
From Septembre 2005 to September 2011, with Ecole Supérieure Nationale de l'Electronique et de ses Applications (ENSEA)
Research interests: Video segmentation and Tracking, Active Contours and Level-Sets, Video Indexing, Content-Based Image and Multimedia Retrieval, Pattern Recognition and Computer Vision.
Former PhD students:
Projects : NoE MUSCLE, Projet Digiteo-Ile de France K-VideoScan, Projet ANR iTOWNS, Projet ANR EROS 3D.
Semantic methods for object extraction and retrieval
Institute of Telematics and Informatics at CERTH
, Thessaloniki, in the Multimedia Knowledge Group
of Professors Strintzis et Kompatsiaris
PhD thesis :
Parametric active contours for image and video segmentation
under the supervision of Pr Michel Barlaud
in the CReATIVe
group from October 1st, 2000, defended on September 24th, 2004 (manuscript PDF
, slides PDF file